Saturday 26 March 2016

READ: Translation of What Shekau Said in New Boko Haram Video

Abubakar Shekau on Thursday appeared in a new Boko Haram video, looking weak and solemn. Here's a translation of what he said in the video according to AFP:

DATE AND PLACE UNKNOWN. RELEASED ON YOUTUBE ON 24 MARCH 2016 SOURCE: BOKO HARAM

SOUNDBITE 1 - Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram (man, Hausa, 12 sec) "I received your greetings, I heard all your messages, my brethren who work for Allah, for example in the town that was hitherto called 'Darussalam' (the home of peace)."


SOUNDBITE 2 - Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram (man, Hausa, 20 sec) "This is a message of greetings and joy for you to see my face but your messenger will tell you other confidential messages. You can hear from the person with whom we have forged good relations."

SOUNDBITE 3 - Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram (man, Hausa, 19 sec) "This is my desire; that whoever sees this will hear nothing but greetings between me and you. Only Allah knows the rest, as you believed (and) as you submitted. For me the end has come."

"This is only the message I want to send to you for you to understand that this is certainly I. This is why I did this.

"May Allah protect us so that no hypocrite stands between us. May Allah protect us from the devil so that he doesn't achieve his evil among us.
"May Allah protect us and may we stand firm on the path of Allah. I thank my creator."

AFP

No comments:

Post a Comment